SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metal Training
The goal of this course is to teach you the core concepts of how to build sheet metal parts using SOLIDWORKS mechanical design automation software.
The sheet metal application in SOLIDWORKS is so robust and feature rich that it is impractical to cover every minute detail and still have the course be a reasonable length. Therefore, the focus of this course is on the fundamental skills and concepts central to successfully building sheet metal parts. You should view the training course manual as a supplement to, not a replacement for, the system documentation and on-line help. Once you have developed a good foundation in basic skills, you can refer to the on-line help for information on less frequently used command options.
- Basic Flange Features
- Working with the Flat Pattern
- Additional Sheet Metal Techniques
- Converting to Sheet Metal
- Multibody Sheet Metal Parts
- Forming Tools and Gussets
- Additional Sheet Metal Functions
The SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metal training guide will be supplied at the beginning of class and is yours to keep.
Students will have been exposed to SOLIDWORKS modeling functionality specific to SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metal fabrication. The student will have the knowledge to create SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metal components separately or in the context of an assembly and create associated drawings and flat patterns from the initial models.
Students taking this exam preparation course are should have:
• Attended and feel comfortable with the content of the following SOLIDWORKS courses: SOLIDWORKS Essentials, Advanced Part Modeling, Advanced Assembly Modeling
• Some Mechanical Design Experience
• Basic comfort level with the Windows® Operating System