Electric Motor Design in Record Time
OPERA with MACHINE DESIGNER
Opera and its new Machine Designer tool do electric motor design & validation in minutes.
MACHINE DESIGN & SIMULATION MADE SIMPLE:
1. BUILD your model from parametric templates of industry-standard machine types.
2. ASSIGN advanced material models including even demagnetization of permanent magnets.
3. VALIDATE with a coupled structural-thermal-electromagnetic analysis of the whole complex system.
ONE model, ONE UI, COMPLETE multiphysics.
- OUTCOMPETE rivals with superior product performance.
- REDUCE manufacturing costs with better-optimized designs.
- REDUCE dev costs by prototyping only well-validated designs.
- SPEED UP time-to-market with unified design+simulation processes.
- SUPPORTED by CATI’s emag FEA & motor design experts.
- Build model geometry of many machine types from flexible templates
- Simulate real-world operating AND fault conditions
- Simulate power supply and mechanical load
- Co-simulate with Simulink and import from Speed
- Multiphysics includes:
- Deformation, stress, and strain due to electromagnetic forces
- Steady-state and transient heat due to iron loss, winding and eddy currents
- Standard results include:
- Torque/speed profiles
- Dynamic start-up
- Cogging torque
- Losses — copper, eddy current, hysteresis
- Demagnetization under short circuit