Class #: C320
SOLIDWORKS Motion helps SOLIDWORKS assembly designers learn how to analyze the behavior of their assemblies in real-world environments using physics-based calculations. Motion studies simulate the mechanical operation of motorized assemblies and the physical interaction of their components. Studies can be created to determine factors such as: power consumption, interference between moving parts, joint forces, velocities, and accelerations. This course uses a process-based approach to walk users through the procedures necessary to solve assembly motion problems. The use of the case studies is designed to highlight common commands, options, and menus to drive the user towards success in Motion.
During this instructor-led course, the user will learn:
- Model preparation for motion analysis.
- Introduction to motion theory.
- Motion control using SOLIDWORKS mates or solid body contact.
- Mechanical dampers, springs, joints, and Cam synthesis.
- Motion-based optimization of assemblies.
- Event-based motion.
- Transferring Motion loads to SOLIDWORKS Simulation.
Completion of SOLIDWORKS Motion Simulation will provide users with a confidence in the Motion tools and capabilities to help utilize them to simulate and analyze the real-world motion of their designs.
- Price: $995.00
- Professional Development Credits: 2
- Classroom: 2 sessions, 7 hours each
- Virtual Classroom: 4 sessions 3-1/2 hours each
- Attendees must have experience modeling with SOLIDWORKS.
- Introduction to user interface
- Constraint mapping concepts
- Action only forces and moments
- Action/Reaction forces and moments
- Motion drivers
- Building models for kinematic analysis
- Create displacement, velocity, acceleration and force graphics
- Translatory and torsional springs
- Translatory and torsional dampers
- 3D Contact to simulate realistic interaction between parts
- Impact forces
- Using Function builder and Expressions to build complex motions and forces
- Flexible connectors - Bushings
The SOLIDWORKS Motion training guide will be supplied at the beginning of class and is yours to keep.
Students will have a strong understanding of how to utilize the tool in SOLIDWORKS Motion to improve their design cycles and their designs.