SOLIDWORKS Motion Training
Class #: C320
SOLIDWORKS Motion helps SOLIDWORKS assembly designers learn how to analyze the behavior of their assemblies in real-world environments using physics-based calculations. Motion studies simulate the mechanical operation of motorized assemblies and the physical interaction of their components. Studies can be created to determine factors such as: power consumption, interference between moving parts, joint forces, velocities, and accelerations. This course uses a process-based approach to walk users through the procedures necessary to solve assembly motion problems. The use of the case studies is designed to highlight common commands, options, and menus to drive the user towards success in Motion.
During this instructor-led course, the user will learn:
- Model preparation for motion analysis.
- Introduction to motion theory.
- Motion control using SOLIDWORKS mates or solid body contact.
- Mechanical dampers, springs, joints, and Cam synthesis.
- Motion-based optimization of assemblies.
- Event-based motion.
- Transferring Motion loads to SOLIDWORKS Simulation.
Completion of SOLIDWORKS Motion Simulation will provide users with a confidence in the Motion tools and capabilities to help utilize them to simulate and analyze the real-world motion of their designs.
Introduction to Motion Simulation and Forces
- Building a Motion Model and Post-processing
- Introduction to Contacts, Springs and Dampers
- Advanced Contact
- Curve to Curve Contact
- Cam Synthesis
- Motion Optimization
- Flexible Joints
- Export to FEA
- Event Based Simulation
- Design Project (Optional)
The SOLIDWORKS Motion training guide will be supplied at the beginning of class and is yours to keep.
Students will have a strong understanding of how to utilize the tool in SOLIDWORKS Motion to improve their design cycles and their designs.
- Attendees must have experience modeling with SOLIDWORKS.
3 Upcoming Classes:
Request a SOLIDWORKS Training
Can’t find a training class on our schedule? Can’t find dates or locations that work for you? Contact us and let us know your name, location preference, and the class or classes that you are interested in. We will contact you and create training dates that can work with your schedule.