SOLIDWORKS Motion Training
Class #: CAE305
The goal of this course is to teach you how to use the SOLIDWORKS Motion simulation software to help you analyze the kinematic or dynamic behavior of your SOLIDWORKS assembly model.
The focus of this course is on the fundamental skills and concepts central to the successful use of SOLIDWORKS Motion. You should view the training course manual as a supplement to, and not a replacement for, the system documentation and on-line help. Once you have developed a good foundation in basic skills, you can refer to the on-line help for information on less frequently used command options.
Introduction to user interfaces
- Constraint mapping concepts
- Kinematic and Dynamic analysis
- Creating / Reviewing mechanisms
- General constraints
- Flexible connectors – Bushings, Motion drivers
- 3D Contact to simulate realistic interaction between parts
- Linear and torsional springs
- Linear and torsional dampers
- Action only forces and moments
- Action/Reaction forces and moments
- Impact forces
- Create displacement, velocity, acceleration and force graphics
- Redundancies – Importance and how to avoid them
- Using Function builder and Expressions to build complex motions and forces
- Export of results to SolidWorks Simulation (stress analysis)
The SOLIDWORKS Motion training guide will be supplied at the beginning of class and is yours to keep.
Students will have a strong understanding of how to utilize the tool in SOLIDWORKS Motion to improve their design cycles and their designs.
- Students attending this course are expected to have the following:
- • Mechanical design experience.
- • Completed CAD110 SOLIDWORKS Essentials.
- • Experience with the Windows™ operating system.
2 Upcoming Classes:
Request a SOLIDWORKS Training
Can’t find a training class on our schedule? Can’t find dates or locations that work for you? Contact us and let us know your name, location preference, and the class or classes that you are interested in. We will contact you and create training dates that can work with your schedule.