3DEXPERIENCE CATIA Role
Mold & Tooling Designer (MTG)
Reduce cost of accurate part production by accelerating injection mold design thanks to dedicated guided assistant for design and simulation
CATIA Mold and Tooling Designer enables the designer to automate design tasks and assist decision-making of a complex mold:
- Assess cost of innovative tooling concepts including accurate pulling direction, wall thickness analysis, placeholder for ejectors and cooling systems
- Anticipate and check manufacturing compliance with plastic injection simulation integrated in the environment of the mold designer
- Extract parting lines and parting surfaces in dedicated features providing a productive design change automation
- Assess complex mold kinematics
- Re-use company know-how captured in Smart Components
- Provide a large catalogs of equipped Moldbases from most of the mold components suppliers
- Seamless 3D Electrode design
Finally the complete integration within the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform allows work concurrently in teams on the same project.
40 Included Apps
Mechanical Systems Design
Component Family Definition
3D Annotation Experience
3D Templates Capture
2D Layout for 3D Design
Plastic Part Filling
Design IP Classification
Part Feature Recognition
Product Structure Design
Converter for STEP
3D Printing Preparation
Quality Rules Reuse
Converter for IGES
Engineering IP Control
Drafting Template Essentials
Collaborative IP Management
Functional Part Design
Generative Wireframe & Surface
Smart Mechanical Components
Core & Cavity Separation
Mold Tooling Design
3DEXPERIENCE Learning and Support
3DEXPERIENCE Learning Resources
3DEXPERIENCE is powerful and transformative software, so learning to make the most of it isn’t trivial. Thankfully, Dassault Systèmes and CATI provide plenty of resources on the path to proficiency:
- Official and custom-tailored classroom training
- Online training courses on the Learning Space
- CATI’s quick-response technical support
- Extensive official documentation
- Dassault Systèmes Knowledge Base of supplemental materials, technical articles, and support tickets
- CATI simulation mentorship programs
- CATI consultative methodology development
Why 3DEXPERIENCE with CATI?
Computer Aided Technology (CATI) has been implementing solutions on the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform since 2012. No one has more experience when it comes to 3DEXPERIENCE Platform solutions, especially when it comes to implementing the platform with SOLIDWORKS or CATIA.
Watch this video to learn more about why companies choose to partner with CATI for 3DEXPERIENCE solutions and get started today.
Get Started with 3DEXPERIENCE from CATI.
We’re ready to help figure out the right product development solution plan for you. Contact us today to get started with a quote, a trial, a demo, or just ask questions.