When – Thursday January 17th, 12pm-1:30pm Central Time
*What is a Design Table?
A design table allows you to build multiple configurations of parts or assemblies by specifying parameters in an embedded Microsoft Excel worksheet. The design table is saved in the model document and is not linked to the original Excel file. Changes you make in the model are not reflected in the original Excel file. However, you can link the model document to the Excel file if you wish.
- dimensions and suppression state of features, size of Hole Wizard holes
- configuration properties, including part number in a bill of materials, derived configurations, equations, sketch relations, comments, materials, and custom properties
- components – suppression state, referenced configuration, fixed or floating position
- assembly features – dimensions, suppression state, size of Hole Wizard holes
- mates – dimensions of distance and angle mates, suppression state
- configuration properties – part number and display in a bill of materials (when used as a subassembly), derived configurations, equations, sketch relations, comments, custom properties, display states
Join us for the presentation for an in-depth look at Design Tables in SolidWorks.
Computer Aided Technology, Inc.
*Information for this article was found on the SOLIDWORKS Web Help site.