November 7th marked the start of the push of IE11 to those Windows 7 users with auto-update turned on. Those with the preview builds will get the final bits first. Others will get them over a matter of weeks.
Thanks for your efforts Microsoft, but now my SolidWorks will not run!
If you have installed I.E. 11 and it has not affected your SOLIDWORKS, you are one of the few lucky ones.
Currently I.E. 11 is not supported by SolidWorks. If you have run into this problem, you will know. You will not be able to launch Solidworks. You may receive an error "The value of the property 'getVertical' is null or undefined, not a Function object"'?
To resolve this issue, you will need to roll back the I.E. 11 install:
1. Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features
2. In the left pane, click "View installed updates"
3. Find IE11 in the list (search for Internet Explorer to expedite this)
4. Right click and choose "Uninstall" (or single left click and choose "Uninstall" from the button above)
5. After the uninstall, restart the machine
After restarting the machine, your previous version of Internet Explorer will be restored.
It's suggested to modify your Windows Update settings (Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Update) to install updates manually in order to avoid a recurrence of this issue.