Welcome to Part 2 of the Using the SOLIDWORKS CAD Admin Dashboard to track, review and troubleshoot machines blog series. In this part we will discuss:
- Filtering Machine results and grouping
- Options reported by the dashboard
- Setting a baseline computer
- Flagging modified settings
Login to the portal using the steps outlined in Part 1 of the blog series. Click the filter to open the options menu.
Filtering is based on:
- the last used SOLIDWORKS version
- Operating System
- Computer Model
- Graphics Card
Choose the option you wish to sort by and click apply filters.
If you would like to filter by adding groups you can do that by selecting the computers you want by check box and then click the groups button.
Click create new group, and then select the group you would like to add the selected machines too, then OK.
Below are example options settings the system value represents the currently selected machine the baseline is shown for the expected value. A baseline computer is chosen with the actions button. Comments can be added by double clicking the field.
Here is an example of a machine that has settings that are different than the baseline. You can set flags to report when a machine has settings that don't match the baseline.
These are the flag conditions you can set to report flags.
Here you can see the adjusted flags reporting machines that are out of spec.
Please check back to the CATI Blog as the Dedicated Support Team will continue posting our series of articles that goes further into the details of each section of Using the SOLIDWORKS CAD Admin Dashboard to track, review and troubleshoot machines. All of these articles will be stored in the category of Daily Dose…..of SOLIDWORKS Support and links to each article with their release date are listed below:
- Using the SOLIDWORKS CAD Admin Dashboard to track, review and troubleshoot machines – Part1 (Bryan Pawlak 1/21/14)
- Using the SOLIDWORKS CAD Admin Dashboard to track, review and troubleshoot machines – Part2 (John Van Engen 1/22/14)
- Using the SOLIDWORKS CAD Admin Dashboard to track, review and troubleshoot machines – Part3 (Blake Cokinis 1/23/14)
- Using the SOLIDWORKS CAD Admin Dashboard to track, review and troubleshoot machines – Part4 (Neil Bucalo 1/27/14)
John Van Engen, CSWE
Computer Aided Technology, Inc.