SOLIDWORKS License Activation and Deactivation
SOLIDWORKS now uses online License Activation instead of a registration code as of SOLIDWORKS 2007 SP 3.1 for standalone seat licensing. You get one Activation per SOLIDWORKS license.
To Activate a License
· The first time you start a newly installed version of SOLIDWORKS it should automatically ask if you want to activate your seat. If not go to the Help menu in SOLIDWORKS and select “Activate Licenses”
· Follow the onscreen instructions, and prompts. Fill out the form with the required information.
· The activation will take some time to process as it communicates with the SOLIDWORKS License Server.
· You will then see a confirmation window that the Activation Succeeded and you are ready to Design with SolidWorks.
To Deactivate a License
· If you receive a new machine to do your SOLIDWORKS designing on you will need to deactivate a license of SOLIDWORKS before uninstalling the software off the old machine.
· Start SOLIDWORKS and go to the Help menu in SOLIDWORKS and select “Transfer Licenses”
· Follow the onscreen instructions and prompts, and wait as the deactivation will take some time to process as it communicates with the SOLIDWORKS License Server.
· Once SOLIDWORKS is deactivated you can then uninstall and move the software to your new machine and follow the Activation process listed above.