Note: Before you upgrade; information to be considered before you load 3DQuickPress V6.
- 3DQuickPress V5 will not open 3DQuickPress V6 files.
- Dongle plug in will no longer be needed to run the software.
- Var support will not have access to manual activation, so you must use the email process shown below.
- 3DQPress V6 will work with SOLIDWORKS 64 bit 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
All installation files needed please download from our ftp website http://support.cati.com/WebInterface/login.html
User Name stscustomer
- Pre-requested files, for the best practice they should be download to your desktop.
- Installation files, for the best practice they should be place on your desktop and right clicking on 3dqpV6-Installation.exe, "Run as Administrator"
Start the installation process with the Pre-requested files by Right clicking in any order and, "Run as Administrator"
- Run vcredist_x86(SP1).exe
- Run vcredist_x86(SP1ATL).exe
- Run vcredist_x64(SP1).exe
- Run vcredist_x64(SP1ALT).exe
After running all Pre-requested files continue to the next step.
- Select 3DQPressV6x64-installation.exe file with a Right click and, "Run as Administrator", the second file 3dqp64.exe will auto run during the installation process.
- As the installation process start you will see.
- Click "Next".
- Select "I accept the agreement" and then click "Next".
- Setting the location for the standard file location information.
- Enter User Name and Company Name information.
- Select "New Installation" and click "Next"
- Caution, if you currently have an installation 3DQPress will change the name of older version, Select "Full Installation" and then click "Next".
- Accept the default installation path and click "Next".
- Click "Install" to start the installation of 3DQPress.
- Click "Finish" when installation is complete.
- Start SOLIDWORKS.
- Enter 3DQPress Activation Serial Number by copy and paste, be a wear of extra spaces.
- Click "Activate Online" to activate 3DQPress.
- If you don't have a serial number, you can "Activate later" to start a 30 day trial period.
- If you don't have internet connection then select "activation by email", copy the content of the message into any computer with email access and send it to the 3DQPress activation server.
- In the email dialog, you can enter your email address and send the activation email, or save the activation email and send it with your own email client (e.g. outlook).
- After sending activation email you will receive the file within 20 minutes, the activation email may fall into the spam folder, please check the spam folder if you did not receive your activation file.
- After receiving the activation server email, save the file to your desktop.
- Close SOLIDWORKS to restart the 3DQPress installation process.
- Start the process again by repeating steps 1 and 2.
- Read the activation file saved on the desktop to the activation dialog.
Setup 3DQPress Command Manager
- With SOLIDWORKS open and 3DQPress activated you are ready to add the command manager tabs for 3DQPress.
- Close SOLIDWORKS.
- From your desktop there should be a "3DQPCmdTabs.reg"
- Double click the registry icon.
- Continue by answering the questions "yes" until complete.
- Delete the registry tap from the desktop.
- Restart SOLIDWORKS, you have completed the loading of 3DQPress.
Note: If you are also using 3DQPress network you have to continue using the dongle plug in.
Ronnie C. Flaugh