- Faster workflow and functional performance.
- Simplified user-interface navigation and scene organization.
- A new and improved round tool with advanced options for shape control and handling of overflowing/overlapping rounded surfaces.
- A new Face Extract modeling tool for the creation of new surface objects by extracting faces of existing objects.
- More shortcuts, construction aids, sort and selection filters.
- Dramatically faster and higher-quality environment mapping and interactive visualization.
Data Exchange/CAD Collaboration
- New direct import for several native formats including H3D, SAT (ACIS), Catia V4, Catia V5, Parasolid (x_t and x_b), Pro/ENGINEER, SolidWorks and UGS NX — all at no additional cost.
- New export capability for Parasolid native format (x_t and x_b).
- Improved import and export capability for IGES, STEP and STL.
- A new real-time photorealistic rendering option, which integrates raytracing and progressive rendering to obtain a more photorealistic representation of lighting and materials.
- Enhanced anti-aliasing techniques and more efficient glossy materials for real-time rendering.
- Reflection Catcher, a new function that adds reflection below the model in a photorealistic rendering when the model is added to a back plate image.
- Enhanced materials library with more than 300 new “apply-and-render” materials. Material default settings have been optimized for best results.
- New ready-to-render lights and interior sets.
- Increased selection of background images and environments.
Form Generation (solidThinking Inspired )
- The ability to run Morphogenesis form generation on multiple model parts and materials.
- Define parts as design or non-design space.
- Show design space and morphogenesis results simultaneously for full review of the form generation.
- Faster, more intuitive part manipulation through smart snaps.
- Simple push and pull capabilities for turning 2D sketches into 3D design spaces.
- Measure static weight distribution of parts and assemblies on supports.