Pizza -without a doubt, mankind’s greatest achievement. It doesn’t take a back seat to being on the moon or even those over-hyped pyramids. However, I’ve argued even DriveWorks is better than pizza. Here is why:
- SolidWorks’ “Pack and go” is a nice little application, but you didn’t go to school to spend hours at a time copying existing designs and tweaking them to your needs.
- DriveWorks helps ensure you don’t make typos or other silly mistakes looking through charts, lookup tables or trying to remember your company’s “tribal knowledge”.
- You don’t get DriveWorks sauce on your shirt.
- Taking an average design cycle down from days to minutes would give you time to improve your designs rather and simply putting out the same product year after year.
- Allowing your customers to specify your products on-line is crazy cool. (Plus you don’t have to talk to them as often on the phone.)
- When your sales force has DriveWorks, they don’t “sell first then ask engineering if they can make it later”….or at least not as often.
- You don’t burn your mouth on DriveWorks.
- Putting together quotes is faster, easier -and because the CAD work is complete, more accurate. You’ll have more time to do the things you enjoy, like eating pizza.