Welcome to ECO changes to 3DQPress Strip layout.
After the ECO changes have been made to the unfolded model, 3DQPress Strip layout will trigger the rebuild on the strip. Depending on the process used to update ECO changes to the unfolded model, SOLIDWORKS will handle each one of them differently. In this blog, I will explain the 3DQPress process to update the Strip layout.
1. Start with my previous blog “How to setup and import ECO changes with 3DQPress inside of SOLIDWORKS”.
2. Before we open the 3DQPress Strip Layout I would like to highlight the ECO changes that were updated in the unfolded model.
1. After updating and rebuilding the unfolded model you are ready to continue updating the ECO Change to the 3DQPress Strip Layout.
3DQPress Strip Layout
1. As shown: the 3DQPress Strip Layout before the ECO change is rebuilt.
2. The ECO change of the unfolded model triggers a 3DQPress Strip Layout rebuild to signal an update is available.
3. Right click on the feature in the design tree of SOLIDWORKS. Then, select the Rebuilt Strip Layout Model as shown below to trigger the ECO Change update.
4. After rebuilding the 3DQPress Strip Layout it updates the SOLIDWORKS sketches without any issues.
5. The ECO Change of the leg extended will require the Strip width to be increased as needed. Right click on the Strip Layout design tree of SOLIDWORKS and select edit strip parameters.
6. In this case, add .025in to the Strip width parameter and click the CHECK to update the width of the Strip.
7. As shown below: the 3DQPress Strip Layout Stock Width updates.
8. As noted, ECO changes update the 3DQPress Strip Layout with ease. I would suggest to contact your support Technical Analyst to follow the best practice using SOLIDWORKS to update the ECO changes to the unfolded model.
Ronnie C Flaugh
Strategic Technology Solutions
Computer Aided Technology, Inc.