Using the Intersection Curve Tool
Have you ever needed to create a curve of an intersection between two pieces of geometry but don’t know where to start? It is possible to generate a 3D sketch of an intersection using the intersection curve tool.
The intersection curve tool can create a sketched curve between the following types of intersections:
- A plane and a surface or a model face
- Two surfaces
- A surface and a model face
- A plane and the entire part
- A surface and the entire part
1. Determine the pieces of geometry to calculate the intersection between. This example shows two surfaces.
2. Select the intersection curve from the dropdown menu beneath convert entities on the sketch toolbar.
3. Select the faces to generate the intersection curve between.
4. Accept the operation by clicking the green check mark.
A 3D curve has now been generated and can be used accordingly. For example it can serve as the path for a swept boss that creates a bead along the revolved surface.
Blog Post By: Allen McLeod