How to transfer 3D model to a 3D sketch
- Create a 3D model to the desired shape of the weldment you are looking to create.
- Start a new 3D sketch, then select an edge of your 3D model.
- Use your ‘Select’ tool.
- Click on ‘All’ to select all edges.
- Click on ‘Convert Entities’ button.
- Click OK button to accept 3D sketch.
- Hide 3D body for clarity.
- Click Weldment button to apply weldment profiles to the desired sketch entities.
Here is a further result after hiding the body and applying some weldment profiles.
I hope this makes you a more efficient with SOLIDWORKS!
CATI Senior Application Engineer
Computer Aided Technology