Objet Resuming Production After Printing Has Stopped
To continue printing the model:
1. If the printer is in offline mode, switch it to online mode by clicking the red button at the bottom of the printer interface. The button changes from red to green.
2. If you don’t know why printing has stopped, make sure that the
connection between the printer and the server computer is active.
3. In the Job Manager screen of Objet Studio, click the Resume icon.
4. In the Continue from Slice dialog box that appears, confirm the slice number, after checking the printer interface.
5. If, for any reason, the correct number does not appear in the dialog box, enter the number and click OK.
You cannot continue printing the model if:
• The number of the last slice printed does not appear in the printer interface, even if the server computer displays the Continue from Slice confirmation dialog box.
• There was a long interruption in printing, even if the “last slice” and “continue from slice” indicators are correct. The part of the model already printed may deform or shrink, and there might be a visible difference between it and the newly printed part. The effects of a printing stoppage on a model depend on the model size and structure, Model material used, ambient temperature and the length of the stoppage.
If you cannot continue printing:
1. Cancel the print job in the Job Manager screen.
2. Remove the partially 3D printed model from the build tray.
3. Restart the job from the Job Manager screen (in Objet Studio).
You can stop printing from either the printer interface or from the Job Manager screen of Objet Studio. Resuming printing is only available from the Job Manager screen.
Computer Aided Technology