If you’ve been following my last few blog posts, you won’t be surprised this is part 3 of a series on what our team learned at Amug this year. See Part 1 or Part 2. This post is from Rich Baes, one of our account managers from Novi, Michigan. He’s been in the Additive Industry for a long time!
Here are a few of the things I took away from the AMUG conference:
- It’s not about prototyping anymore, it’s about leveraging the technologies to find solutions for our customers; from automotive to aerospace, plastic to metal, and most importantly, I learned to “think differently”.
- I saw many old colleagues still in the business and met several younger up-and-comers. This is a great business to be in !!
- New companies, e.g. HP Multi Jet Fusion & CARBON displaying their “sizzle”, yet many others have come and gone in this industry. We’ve got a strong horse for the long race in Stratasys with over 150,000 installations, proven applications, solutions, systems and support that is second to none.
- The additive Industry is growing in leaps and bounds….. so many attendees, workshops for almost any application, and so much out there for a anyone to consume and get confused. It’s our job to help them solve their problems.
- It was refreshing to come out of the “automotive cloud” and listen to Jason Lopes, Lead Systems Enginner of Legacy Effects. I never realized how much additive technologies are used in the production of the various Stan Winston films. I remember when Legacy Effects had a little Objet desktop printer years ago…….my how they’ve grown. You can look for applications almost anywhere.
- The best part of the trip, hands down, was bonding with our 3DVision Technologies Team!! Fun times, lots of laughs, and Chicago blues!!
Thank you for the opportunity to attend this year’s conference, see you next year!