SOLIDWORKS 2018 What’s New – Application Programming Interface – #SW2018
SOLIDWORKS had added many new options in the API language. SOLIDWORKS 2018 API includes the ability to:
• Access general tolerance table annotations and features.
• Access hidden content in tables.
• Add a distance mate between cylindrical components of an assembly.
• Add and edit pairs of concentric mates (hole sets) between the same two components, allowing for misalignment of concentric mates.
• Add rebuild and save marks to multiple configurations and remove them from all configurations.
• Add specific display dimensions by type.
• Create a spline constrained to a surface.
• Create a trimmed sheet body with a specified tolerance.
• Create advanced assembly mates and sweeps using improved API architecture.
• Create advanced holes in parts.
• Create and upgrade VB.NET and C# macros using Microsoft Visual Studio® Tools for Applications (VSTA) 2015.
• Create bidirectional twist and thin-walled sweep features.
• Create internal and external threads.
• Edit third-party native CAD components in assemblies.
• Expand and collapse indented items in BOMs.
• Get corresponding objects between drawing views and parts or assemblies.
• Get, edit, insert, or delete the below frame text of geometric tolerances.
• Get layer items by type.
• Get or set a custom property builder template for parts or weldments.
• Get or set component display state-specific properties in multiple assembly display states.
• Get or set geometric tolerance leader options, All Over This Side and All Around This Side.
• Get or set the balloon padding for existing notes in drawings.
• Get or set whether a configuration node is expanded in the ConfigurationManager.
• Get or set whether table text is all upper case.
• Get or set whether to automatically rebuild equations.
• Get or set whether to automatically repair files on opening.
• Get or set whether to display configuration names and descriptions in the ConfigurationManager.
• Get or set whether to import DimXpert annotations when inserting or mirroring parts.
• Get or set whether to lock a magnetic mate.
• Get or set whether to show a slit in the corner relief of Flat-Pattern features.
• Get whether a custom property is editable in a configuration.
• Handle pre- and post-notify events when converting bodies.
• Import and export Hole Wizard and Toolbox data.
• Modify control points and interior knots in sketch splines.
• Offload PhotoView 360 rendering to other networked machines.
• Optionally rebuild a model after adding configurations.
• Override default part or assembly templates when creating a Split feature.
• Quickly check whether an interference exists between components.
• Save and restore the current SOLIDWORKS software settings.
• Select exploded views, create a regular explode step with rotation parameters, create a radial explode step, and edit explode steps.
• Set table anchors at selected sketch points on drawing sheets.
• Set whether to expand all configurations in a specified pane of the ConfigurationManager.
• Show the preview of a configuration selected in the ConfigurationManager
Sr. Support Product Specialist
Computer Aided Technology, Inc.www.cati.com