Using SOLIDWORKS EPDM with SOLIDWORKS Electrical Schematic or SOLIDWORKS Electrical 3D projects
To use SOLIDWORKS EPDM, make sure a vault and the local vault view have been set-up before changing the settings for project data.
- Tools > Link to PDM Configuration
- Choose ‘Check-In/Out’
- Choose the vault; accessible vaults will be listed under "vault name"
- Specify the sub-folder for SOLIDWORKS Electrical projects
- Specify the project data that will be held in the vault
Also, a couple of notes regarding the new environment:
- Back-up workflows for SOLIDWORKS Electrical data and EPDM data are not the same.
- Do not move any SOLIDWORKS Electrical or vault folders once created.
- Do not continuously change the vault connection setting.
There are a few limitations that exist:
- Version comments cannot be entered during check-in.
- Manually checked out files cannot be opened by SOLIDWORKS Electrical.
- Only one vault can be used at a time with SOLIDWORKS Electrical.
- Drag-and-drop from the file explorer and SOLIDWORKS Electrical are not compatible.
Computer Aided Technology, Inc.