WHAT'S NEW SOLIDWORKS ENTERPRISE PDM 2014
A summary of the exciting new features!
• Automated Cache Management : New options for managing user and group caches are available. Clear the cache on logout and refresh on login (Get Latest Version on folder contents) provide often requested functionality.
• Consolidated Delayed in State Notifications: Files set to notify when “delayed in state” for a specified period of time are now consolidated into a single summary notification. Previously each file had a notification email which could be overwhelming in heavy traffic environments.
• Dynamic Notification Recipients Filter: When specifying dynamic notification recipients now, a filter field to eliminate long scrolling sessions for large user bases is provided.
• Extracting Hidden SolidWorks BOMs: Bill of Materials hidden in solidworks may now be extracted on check in to Enterprise PDM.
• Flexible “Always work with latest version of files” Option: You may now optionally enable “Get Version” (user specifies) separately for the solidworks add in while using the setting “Always work with latest version of files”.
• Flexible Retrieval of Referenced Files During Check Out: Users now have the option to get latest version of referenced files when checking out a parent file.
• Increased Workflow Performance: Changing states, particularly in high latency environments should take less time.
• Navigating Tree Structures: Controls have been added to allow expanding and collapsing of reference tree’s and jumping quickly between warnings.
• User Defined Custom Columns: You can add custom columns now to the Check In, Check Out, Undo Checkout, and Copy Tree dialog boxes and to the Contains and Where Used Preview tabs.
• Version Comparison of Referenced Files: In the Enterprise PDM Add-in for SolidWorks, you can set the Task pane display information to include a Reference version column.
• Version Free Variables and Workflow Transitions: When you include version free variables in the data card of a file, you can use a workflow transition to update the content of the variables without creating a new version of the file.
• Visibility of Child Quick Information Warnings in Parent Assemblies: The Child Quick info column in the Enterprise PDM SolidWorks add-in now provides status of the in-session SolidWorks file and its references. These icons now appear at the top assembly level for all lower level files.