It was working yesterday, this morning I’m getting this error. What happened?
Error warning: “Could not obtain a license for SolidWorks Visualize standard. Invalid (inconsistent) license key. (-8, 544, 0)”.
Some users are seeing an issue when starting SOLIDWORKS. This could be caused by 2 issues that we will cover in this article.
- SOLIDWORKS License manager has been refreshed, this could happen around the maintenance renewal date.
- Your company decided not to pay maintenance.
The SOLIDWORKS Visualize Standard or Composer depending on the SOLIDWORKS version loaded is free to those who pay maintenance annually. SOLIDWORKS calls it a “term license”. If you do not pay maintenance, you will lose the access to Visualize Standard.
How to fix this issue:
- Select the Server Administer tab.
- Stop the license server.
- Select Modify License.
- Activate/Reactivate the license.
5. The server should start automatically.
6. Select OK to close the license server.
- Open SOLIDWORKS.
- Select the Help tab from the upper ribbon.
3. Select Activate license from the pull-down menu.
4. Select all or just SOLIDWORKS Visualize.
5.Select next to activate the license.
- Open SOLIDWORKS.
- Select the Tools tab from the top ribbon.
- Select Add-ins from the pull-down.
4. Un-check the Active Add-ins and the Startup.
5. After unchecking the Add-ins for Visualize, the notification will stop when starting SOLIDWORKS.
Please check back to the CATI Blog as the Dedicated Support Team will continue posting articles every month that go further into the details of many of the SOLIDWORKS tools. All of these articles will be stored in the category of Daily Dose…..of SolidWorks Support.
CATI Support Engineer
Computer Aided Technology, LLC
SOLIDWORKS CAM is another manufacturing staple of SOLIDWORKS Value Added Products, rebranded CAMWORKS a Gold-level solution partner since 1997 is the next step in completing the CONCEPT TO MANUFACTURING process. CAMWORKS built from ground up on WINDOWS using the same kernel as SOLIDWORKS, industry leader since 1980.
SOLIDWORKS Cam Standard
Included with any SOLIDWORKS license that has a subscription service maintained, *2-1/2 axis, *Parts Only and *Tolerance Based Machining.
SOLIDWORKS Cam Professional
Is a purchased product, includes everything from SOLIDWORKS CAM Standard along with *Assemblies, *High Speed Machining, *Turning and *3+2 Machining.
I hope this part of the What’s New series gives you a better understanding of the new features and functions of SOLIDWORKS 2018. Please check back to the CATI Blog as the CATI Application Engineers will continue to break down many of the new items in SOLIDWORKS 2018. All of these articles will be stored in the category of “SOLIDWORKS What’s New.” You can also learn more about SOLIDWORKS 2018 by clicking on the image below to register for one of CATI’s Design Innovation Summits.
Technical Analyst, Support