Another release has been delivered with a Value Added Product by SOLIDWORKS called SOLIDWORKS CAM.
SOLIDWORKS CAM installation can be broken down into 2 sections (CAM Standard, CAM Standard TBM) and (CAM Professional).
CAM Standard – CAM Standard TBM
- The installation process is simple with CAM, just run the 2018 SOLIDWORKS installation process CAM will be automatically loaded without searching for check marks to add into the software download.
After the installation is complete, open SOLIDWORKS and right click on COMMAND MANAGER Tabs and add a check mark for SOLIDWORKS CAM and SOLIDWORKS CAM TBM.
Current user of CAMWORKS
- To setup your Machine Post and TECH DB go to C:\ProgramData\SolidWorks\SOLIDWORKS CAM 2019.
- Note: ProgramData folder could be hidden from the typical user, open the Windows Explorer select View\Hidden Folders.
- Once the Technology Database loads please close SOLIDWORKS.
- From the tabs on the left select settings.
- If you have a current Database select “Browse” to link to DATABASE.
SOLIDWORKS CAM Professional
- The installation process for SOLIDWORKS CAM Professional is similar to SOLIDWORKS CAM, just contact your CAMWORKS supplier to receive a new registration code.
- Enter the code into the serial window when installing or modifying SOLIDWORKS as shown below.
We hope this series has given you an insight on how to successfully install SOLIDWORKS 2019. Please check back to the CATI Blog as the Dedicated Support Team will continue posting new series of articles every month that go further into the details of many of the SOLIDWORKS tools. All of these articles will be stored in the category of Daily Dose…..of SolidWorks Support.
***NEW FOR 2019***
Following the industry and environmental trends, SOLIDWORKS 2019 will only be available via electronic distribution for customers in US, Germany, France and Italy. You will be able to request one DVD media kit per valid serial number. Once your serial number is validated below, your media kit will be shipped within 45 business days.
CATI Support Engineer
Computer Aided Technology, LLC