Administration enhancement of SOLIDWORKS has improved the process of gathering files using the RX Tab. It has been expanded to support gathering files from Composer and Electrical to help trouble-shoot hardware and or software issues.
The Problem Capture tab in SOLIDWORKS Rx now collects files adding videos and settings for SOLIDWORKS, SOLIDWORKS Composer and SOLIDWORKS Electrical from the source pull down if they are running the 2020 version.
1. In the Capture section, choose the SOLIDWORKS Composer source selection:
2. Records the active SOLIDWORKS Composer session or starts a new session to record.
3. Lists the video in the Package section, along with system and other support information:
- For SOLIDWORKS Composer, this information also includes logs and settings.
4. Lets you add more files to the Package section.
5. Lets you Package files section into a .ZIP file and send it along with a description of the problem, to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the Capture section, SOLIDWORKS Electrical source selection:
1. Records the active SOLIDWORKS Electrical starts a new session to record.
2. Lists the video in the Package section, along with system and other support information:
- For SOLIDWORKS Electrical, this is the same information currently generated by the support information on the Help menu.
3. Lets you add more files to the Package section.
- For example, for the SOLIDWORKS Electrical, you can add .tewzip files.
4. Lets you Package files section into a .ZIP file and send it along with a description of the problem, to email@example.com
SOLIDWORKS will continue this capture system as it has in the past.
I hope this part of the What’s New series gives you a better understanding of the new features and functions of SOLIDWORKS 2020. Please check back to the CATI Blog as the CATI Application Engineers will continue to break down many of the new items in SOLIDWORKS 2020. All these articles will be stored in the category of “SOLIDWORKS What’s New.”
What is DI Month? We’re declaring October Design Innovation Month—again! It’s a month-long series of special events focused on what’s new in design and manufacturing technology. You’ll learn about enhancements in SOLIDWORKS 2020 that deliver new capabilities for improved performance, streamlined workflows, and a connected design ecosystem. Find out what’s new in 3D printing applications and 3D scanning to integrate into your design process. So, get ready to do things differently. It’s time to innovate!
Computer Aided Technology, LLC