SOLIDWORKS CAM installation can be broken down into 2 sections (CAM Standard, CAM Standard TBM) and (CAM Professional).
CAM Standard – CAM Standard TBM
- The installation process is simple with CAM if the maintenance has been maintained, just run the 2022 SOLIDWORKS installation process CAM will be automatically loaded without searching for check marks to add into the software download.
After the installation is complete, open SOLIDWORKS and right click on COMMAND MANAGER Tabs and add a check mark for SOLIDWORKS CAM and SOLIDWORKS CAM TBM.
Current user of SOLIDWORKS CAM
- To setup your Machine Post and TECH DB go to C:\ProgramData\SolidWorks\SOLIDWORKS CAM 2022.
- Note: ProgramData folder could be hidden from the typical user, open the Windows Explorer select View\Hidden Folders.
- Once the Technology Database loads please close SOLIDWORKS.
- From the tabs on the left select settings.
- If you have a current Database select “Browse” to link to DATABASE.
- 2nd option is to import current DATABASE into the newly loaded version.
SOLIDWORKS CAM Professional
- The installation process for SOLIDWORKS CAM Professional is similar to SOLIDWORKS CAM, just contact your SOLIDWORKS VAR (Computer Aided Technology) to purchase the PRO version.
- Expand the SOLIDWORKS CAM and check which will display an area to add the SOLIDWORKS PRO serial number.
- Enter the code into the serial window when installing or modifying SOLIDWORKS as shown below.
Technical Analyst, Support
Computer Aided Technology