Insight 13.10 and 13.11 Updates
Some updates for materials and file processing have been added to Insight. If you have a need for custom tool paths and contours you will want to get the newest release for improved quality of the software and parts it provides. Below are the release notes pertaining to those updates.
Insight 13.11 Updates
Modeler and Material Configuration Updates
- F123 ABS-ESD7 on the Stratasys F370 – ABS-ESD7 is an ABS thermoplastic with static dissipative properties for applications where a static charge can damage products, impair their performance or cause an explosion in a flammable environment. Use ABS-ESD7 to lower the cost and speed the production of jigs, fixtures, prototypes and production parts that need the security of ESD protection. Two slice heights are offered for ABS-ESD7: 0.007 and 0.010 inch (0.1778 and 0.2540 mm).
- Custom Groups improvement – Fixed a regression in behavior where curves in custom groups were removed from the custom groups when supports were created. Curves placed into custom groups now correctly remain in the custom groups during support generation.
- Linked contour improvement – Fixed a case where the link between successive contours is too long resulting in localized overfill. The new linking software selects a more appropriate link location on the adjacent contour to minimize the link distance.
- Copy Through Z – Fixed the operation of Copy Through Z to correctly copy curves below the bottom layer, creating new layers as necessary.
Insight 13.10 updates
Modeler and Material Configuration Updates
- Diran™ 410MF07 on the Stratasys F370 – Diran 410MF07 is a new Nylon-based durable, non-marring model material suitable for many tooling and fixture applications. Three slice heights are offered for Diran 410MF07: 0.007, 0.010, and 0.013 inch (0.1778, 0.2540, and 0.3302 mm).
- Antero™ 840CN03 on the Stratasys F900 – Antero 840CN03 is a blend of the Stratasys® Antero 800NA model material that has electrostatic discharge (ESD) properties and is compatible for use in manufacturing applications that contact sensitive electronic parts and components. One slice height is available for Antero 840CN03: 0.010 inch (0.2540 mm).
- TPU92A on the Stratasys F370 – Improved the overall part quality for parts using TPU92A on the Stratasys F370 built with the 0.010 inch (0.2540 mm) slice height. The part quality improvements require use of F123 Controller Software version 2.1.
- TPU92A on the Stratasys F370 – Added the 0.007 inch (0.1778 mm) slice height option for building parts with TPU92A on the Stratasys F370. The new TPU slice height option requires the use of F123 Controller Software version 2.1.
- Nylon12CF part quality – Improved the model part quality using the combination of Nylon12CF and variable width remnant fill.
- ASA T40 part quality – Improved the flatness and appearance of the bottom part layer when using ASA model material with the T40 model tip on the Fortus 900mc and Stratasys F900 modelers.
- Seam Control – Improved the workflow for adjusting the seam location using the reference point. The use of the reference point in the Seam Control operation aligns the seam location of the part boundary curve or the selected toolpath and eliminates the need for the bypass seam control option. Using multiple reference point locations with multiple selections now produces predictable seam locations relative to the appropriate reference point location.
- Remnant fill – Improved the quality of toolpath infill when using standard remnant fill. For all modelers and all materials, remnants are regions where the desired contours or raster do not fit leading to a potential void. Remnant fill is used to fill these voids. The quality of the remnant fill has been improved for all materials and all modelers. Specific newer modelers support variable width remnant fill which further improves the fill density and strength.
- Multiple contours and sparse fill improvement – Improved the interaction of multiple contours and sparse fill to eliminate unintended overfill at the boundary between the inner contour and the interior sparse region.
- Custom group and contour selected feature only infill – Fixed the behavior when using Custom Groups, apply contour style to selected feature only, multiple contours, and the button to create toolpaths for the current custom group to prevent toolpaths from crossing over and filling in holes within the layer.
- Toolpath Simulation Data Export – Added the ability to export toolpath simulation data for the Fortus 450mc modeler.
- Wall stabilizers – Improved the behavior of the wall stabilizer to produce fingers that maintain contact with the part and to prevent unwanted crossings.
- Part processing improvement – Fixed an application crash when processing a specific part that contained thin walls and fine feature details.
- Model and support tip correctness – Fixed issues pertaining to the display of the current model and support tip when loading saved jobs. [GC-56658]. Fixed issues pertaining to the tip specified in the CMB when a part is processed with the modeler configuration present at application launch.
- Copy Through Z – Fixed the operation of Copy Through Z to correctly copy curves to the specified destination layer. This fixes the ability to create new layers above the top of the sliced part and to create layers above the first layer when starting with curves created in Insight using the Edit menu tools.
Fields Service Manager
Computer Aided Technology, LLC