SOLIDWORKS 2018 Installation Guide Part 8 – CAM
Another release has been delivered with a new SOLIDWORKS Value Added Product called SOLIDWORKS CAM.
SOLIDWORKS CAM installation can be broken down into 2 sections (CAM Standard, CAM Standard TBM) and (CAM Professional).
CAM Standard – CAM Standard TBM
- The installation process is fairly simple with CAM, just run the 2018 SOLIDWORKS installation process CAM will be automatically loaded without searching for check marks to add into the software download.
- After the installation is complete, open SOLIDWORKS and right click on COMMAND MANAGER Tabs and add a check mark for SOLIDWORKS CAM and SOLIDWORKS CAM TBM.
Current user of CAMWORKS
- To setup your Machine Post and TECH DB go to C:ProgramDataSolidWorksSOLIDWORKS CAM 2018.
- Note: ProgramData folder could be a hidden from the typical user, open the Windows Explorer select ViewHidden Folders.
- Once the Technology Database loads please close SOLIDWORKS.
- From the tabs on the left select settings.
- If you have a current Database select browse to link to DATABASE.
SOLIDWORKS CAM Professional
- The installation process for SOLIDWORKS CAM Professional is similar to SOLIDWORKS CAM, just contact your CAMWORKS supplier to receive a new registration code.
- Enter the code into the serial window when installing or modifying SOLIDWORKS as shown below.
We hope this series has given you an insight on how to successfully install SOLIDWORKS 2018. Please check back to the CATI Blog as the Dedicated Support Team will continue posting new series of articles every month that go further into the details of many of the SOLIDWORKS tools. All of these articles will be stored in the category of Daily Dose…..of SolidWorks Support and links to each article are listed below:
- SOLIDWORKS 2018 Installation Guide Part 1 – Individual Installation (Neil Bucalo)
- SOLIDWORKS 2018 Installation Guide Part 2 – SOLIDWORKS SolidNetwork License Installation (Blake Cokinis)
- SOLIDWORKS 2018 Installation Guide Part 3 – SOLIDWORKS Electrical Installation (John Van Engen)
- SOLIDWORKS 2018 Installation Guide Part 4 – SOLIDWORKS Composer, SOLIDWORKS Simulation – Motion, Flow, SOLIDWORKS Plastics, and SOLIDWORKS MBD (Bryan Pawlak)
- SOLIDWORKS 2018 Installation Guide Part 5 – DraftSight and eDrawings (George Branes)
- SOLIDWORKS 2018 Installation Guide Part 6 – SOLIDWORKS PCB (Fred Zobel)
- SOLIDWORKS 2018 Installation Guide Part 7 – SOLIDWORKS Visualize (James Carlin)
- SOLIDWORKS 2018 Installation Guide Part 8 – SOLIDWORKS Cam (Ronnie Flaugh)
CATI Support Engineer