The Home Use License Agreement form for SOLIDWORKS has changed as of 9/30/2007 . Attached to this blog posting is a copy of the HUL Agreement form that needs to be filled out and faxed back to CATI at the number listed on the bottom of the form.
The key items to note are as follows:
· Home Use Licenses (HUL) are now activation based.
· SOLIDWORKS still requires HUL agreements for any new SOLIDWORKS Network licenses purchased.
· On the form there is now an area for “# of Activations Required” if left blank SW will only issue 2 activations for that HUL. CATI Admin Dept. will fill in a number to match the number of seats owned unless instructed otherwise by the customer.
· If you are not issued a total number of HUL activations that matches the number of network seats owned you will need to contact CATI support (888-285-2284 or email@example.com) to have that number increased.
· With the release of SOLIDWORKS 2008 SOLIDWORKS Corp. will no longer require customers to submit new HUL agreement forms to upgrade their HULs to the latest version. If a customer has an existing 2007 HUL and their SNL is on current subscription their HUL serial number will automatically be updated to 2008.
· All HUL licenses created will match the lowest level product on the Network that all users can access at one time. (No change from previous versions)
· If a user leaves a company and does not deactivate their HUL seat the customer will need to contact CATI support to have that HUL seat deactivated.
Enjoy using SOLIDWORKS at home!